Travel voucher conditions
If your trip didn’t go as planned, you may be entitled to a refund in the form of a travel voucher. These are the conditions of your voucher.
General voucher conditions
1. The following terms shall have the meaning as defined hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires:
- An EMD voucher means Electronic Miscellaneous Document. This is also called a Travel voucher.
- KLM means KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, having its registered office at Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
- Delta means Delta Air Lines, having its registered seat at Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Air France means Air France, having its registered seat at Paris, France.
- KLM flight means any flight having a flight number with a KL-prefix.
- Delta flight means any flight having a flight number with a DL-prefix.
- Air France flight means any flight having a flight number with an AF-prefix.
- Virgin Atlantic flight means any flight having a flight number with an VS-prefix.
2. No agent, employee or representative of KLM has the authority to alter, modify or waive any of these terms and conditions.
3. The non-refundable voucher is to be used for payment of a KLM, Delta Air Lines, Air France or Virgin Atlantic fare when a KLM or Air France ticket is issued. The amount that can be used is mentioned on the voucher.
Voucher can be used by:
- the owner of the voucher,
- passengers holding the same family name,
- passengers travelling together with the original voucher owner, at the time the voucher is being redeemed.
If the currency of the voucher is other than the currency in which the price of a ticket is published, the rate of exchange will be the bankers selling rate of KLM’s local bank. If, upon payment of a ticket, a balance amount on the voucher remains, a residual voucher shall be issued for that amount but the terms and conditions pertaining to the original voucher shall remain applicable.
4. The refundable voucher is valid for a direct refund of the refundable amount stated on the voucher to your bank account.
5. To all carriage provided by KLM, Delta and Air France, the general conditions of carriage, the tariffs, the tariff regulations and the special conditions of carriage, whichever are applicable, of KLM, Delta and Air France, respectively, shall apply. Where carriage is provided by another airline, that airline’s general conditions of carriage may apply.
6. Should this voucher be used for carriage on Delta, Air France or any other airline’s flight, KLM will only be deemed to have acted as an agent of that airline in issuing this voucher.
7. A voucher is not endorsable. The voucher cannot be bartered or sold and doing so will render it invalid.
8. Solely the passenger will be responsible for his voucher and KLM is not liable to the passenger in the event a voucher has been used by any other person than the passenger. Neither KLM nor KLM’s agent is obligated to request a person presenting this voucher to identify himself.
9. A customer offered a voucher is at all times at liberty to accept or refuse the voucher. The acceptance of a voucher by the passenger shall be deemed a consent to and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions.
10. The non-refundable voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be used to purchase a KLM or Air France ticket for travel on KLM, Air France or Delta Air Lines fare.
11. Non-refundable vouchers can be used towards the pre-purchase of other optional products and services (where offered) on KLM or Air France operated and marketed flights.
12. In-flight purchases are not possible with the voucher (both refundable and non-refundable).
13. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
Non-refundable voucher conditions
When requesting a non-refundable voucher with Air France or KLM, the passenger agrees to our terms and conditions. Make sure to read these conditions carefully and do not hesitate to ask questions to our customer service if necessary before opting for a non-refundable voucher.
1. Voluntary request of a non-refundable voucher
1.1 The non-refundable voucher can only be requested on a voluntary basis. The voluntary basis is that the passenger has decided to no longer fly.
1.2 A non-refundable voucher can be issued for fully open tickets (unused tickets) or partially used tickets, for the coupons that have not been used. If the passenger has a fully refundable ticket, it is not in the interest of the passenger to apply for a non-refundable voucher.
1.3 The acceptance of a non-refundable voucher by the passenger shall be deemed a full consent to and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions.
2. Issuance of the non-refundable voucher
2.1 The non-refundable voucher will be issued for the full value of the unused ticket, including taxes.
2.2 In case of paid option(s) operated by Air France or KLM which relate to the unused tickets coupons, an additional non-refundable voucher could be issued for the full value of the paid option(s) that is not yet used. For the Air France “Menu à la Carte” option, it is expressly stated that a non-refundable voucher could only be issued if the cancellation request is made 48 hours before the departure of the flight concerned as mentioned in the general conditions of sale of this option (art. 1.3). No voucher can be requested for the KLM à la carte meal, as it is not possible to change or cancel the order, as stated in the terms and conditions of this option (art. 1.3).
2.3 The amount that can be used is mentioned on the non-refundable voucher.
2.4 If the currency of the non-refundable voucher is other than the currency in which the price of a ticket is published, the rate of exchange will be the bankers selling rate of Air France or KLM’s local bank.
2.5 If the passenger has a ticket that is changeable at a fee, the fee will be deducted from the full value and the new value will result on the non-refundable voucher. E.g.: You have purchased a ticket for EUR200 with fare conditions that state that changes are permitted at a fee of for example EUR 50. When requesting the voucher, the fee will be deducted, and the amount of EUR 150 will result on the voucher.
2.6 The non-refundable voucher will be issued per passenger matching the passenger name on the original ticket, even if the passengers are booked in the same reservations as others, each individual passenger will receive a voucher on the passenger name.
2.7 For tickets with a mixed fare type (outbound travel not refundable and inbound travel refundable) the non-refundable voucher will be of the full value of the unused ticket but will be fully non- refundable.
3. Exchanging the EMD voucher towards a new ticket
3.1 The non-refundable voucher is to be used for payment of an Air France, KLM, Delta Air Lines, or Virgin Atlantic fare when an Air France or KLM ticket is issued.
3.2 Non-refundable vouchers can be used towards the pre-purchase of other optional products and services (where offered) on Air France or KLM operated and marketed flights.
3.3 In-flight purchases are not possible with the voucher.
3.4 If, upon payment of a ticket, a balance amount on the voucher remains, a residual non-refundable voucher shall be issued for that amount but the terms and conditions pertaining to the original voucher shall remain applicable.
3.5 If the passenger books a new flight and the new reservation is higher than the amount on the non- refundable voucher, the passenger will need to pay the fare difference.
3.6 If the passenger purchases a new ticket with the non-refundable voucher, that is fully refundable or partially refundable, and the passenger later request a refund of the ticket, the passenger will receive the amount of the difference paid, however the part paid with the non-refundable voucher will remain non-refundable.
4. Non-refundable voucher
4.1 The full value of the voucher is non-refundable.
4.2 By agreeing with these conditions, the passenger forfeits the right to request a refund of the original ticket when accepting a non-refundable voucher.
5. Non-transferability of a non-refundable voucher
5.1 These vouchers are not transferable. This means that the passenger name resulting on the original ticket will result on the non-refundable voucher. This voucher than can only be used towards a new ticket or ancillaries on the same passenger name as on the voucher.
5.2 A voucher is not endorsable. The voucher cannot be bartered or sold and doing so will render it invalid.
5.3 Solely the passenger will be responsible for his voucher, and Air France and KLM are not liable to the passenger in the event a voucher has been used by any other person than the passenger.
6. Validity of a non-refundable voucher
6.1 The non-refundable voucher is valid for one year from the date of issuance of the voucher. This means that the passenger has one year to use the voucher towards a new flight in the future. If the passenger exceeds the validity of the voucher, the voucher will be lost and will no longer be useable.